Growing Wealth, The Small Change Way28th February 2022
Have you ever grown a plant from seed? If so, you will know how rewarding it can be to watch it grow and blossom. Building wealth, the small change way, is a similar concept. You start with a seed (small investment amount). Over time, it begins to grow with care and regular watering (investment). And slowly, it begins to flower or fruit (providing you with a steady income or return) for you to enjoy.
Analogies aside, building wealth is about creating financial security and financial freedom and giving you more control over your life. Having wealth doesn't just provide you with the money to buy material things; it also provides you with the freedom to do the things in life that you truly value.
We all want that right?
Many people delay wealth creation because of common misconceptions, such as it's only for the rich or they need a lot of money to begin. When we over-complicate the process of building wealth, it often leads to us putting it off as it feels too hard to begin or complex to understand.
But here's the thing, wealth creation begins with taking control of our savings and spending habits. These habits anyone can build. What's important to know is that you don't need to have a lot to begin, and it can be a straightforward process, with small positive steps, repeated, to create significant differences over time!
Here are five small steps you can take to help you start building wealth the small change way today!
- Make savings a priority! Most people try to save what's leftover at the end of the week or month, only to find nothing spare! Instead, prioritise your savings by making them an expense, just like your other essential bills.
- Review your spending and find one area to make small changes to your spending habits. Save $5 a day, and that's $1,825 a year. $20 a day will see you pocket $7,300 a year and $50 a day is $18,250!
- Think daily or weekly instead of monthly. If your goal is to save $100 a month, that's $3.29 a day! $500 a month is $16.44 per day. By breaking it down, it can help make saving feel more achievable.
- Automate your savings! Arranging a regular direct debit from your bank account makes it easier to stick to your savings habit and removes barriers such as forgetting to transfer the money or spending it instead.
- Round-up purchases. Round-ups increase your purchases to the nearest dollar, transferring the extra amount to your savings account. Let's say you buy a $3.75 coffee on your card; this purchase is round up to $4 with the extra 25 cents diverted to your savings. It's a super simple way to boost your savings automatically.
As you can see, even small changes to your habits and behaviours with money can help your savings grow and blossom!
All these features are available through the Blossom app. BlossomApp strives to make saving simple and affordable for all. There is no minimum application amount, a minimum withdrawal of $0.01, no sign-up fees, and no transfer or withdrawal costs. Blossom is here to help you do more with your savings!
It's easy to get started:
- Sign up in minutes – through the iOS or Android App and get started on the web
- Fund your account – you can automate your top-ups
- Set a savings goal – or save it for later
- See your savings Blossom every day – enjoy 3% p.a. targeted returns posted daily!