Stay At Home Mums - Simple ways to Boost Your Income10th July 2022
Are you a stay-at-home mum looking for ways to boost your income?
We know being a stay-at-home mum is a full-time job already so any income-producing activities shouldn’t add more to your plate or take up too much of your spare time.
Luckily, making money as a stay-at-home mum doesn’t have to be complicated.
In fact, there are many opportunities to make money that can be flexible and easy to fit in around those moments when the kids are at school, napping or being looked after by another caregiver.
Here are a few ideas on how you can put your skills and resources to work for you:
- Explore your artistic side - if you’re creative and like to make jewellery, art, candles, or homewares ... If it’s homemade, there’s a place for it on Etsy, an online marketplace where you can share your creative talents and craftiness with the world.
- Share Resources - the "sharing economy" is all about renting or borrowing goods and services rather than buying new ones. Check if you have some things that you can rent out by the hour, day or week!
- Rent your car or car space - some great apps like carnextdoor allow you to rent out your car when you’re not using it.
- Rent your unused space - got space at home? You could consider renting either permanently or via Airbnb.
- Have a nice space at home that would be suitable for filming or photo shoots? Hire your space for videographers, photographers or companies looking to hire a space.
- Have a skill or talent that you can share? Try teaching online. Websites like Upwork, and Fiverr offer you the ability to advertise for contract work in many professions and specialisations.
- Become a tutor - teach children or students skills like maths, English or business topics.
- Create a listing on Airtasker - the one-stop shop for helping others with simple tasks.
- Online Surveys - yes, it’s actually a thing. You can get paid to give your feedback and provide responses to surveys.
- Become a reseller - have an eye for a bargain? Why not become an online reseller. eBay and Marketplace, even Amazon are all good places to resell items.
- Collect and sell vintage clothing - if you like to search for vintage finds online and in stores. With some good photos and descriptions, you can resell them online via sites like Marketplace and Instagram.
- Consider doing administrative work online like a virtual assistant, data entry, transcription, marketing, graphic design, proofreading, and copywriting. Check Seek for part-time and casual roles, or Upwork for more casual and contract positions.
- Declutter - and sell those unwanted and no longer used possessions such as clothing, jewellery and household items on online marketplaces such as Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree.
- Look for a better return on your investments - from your cash to your other investments, can you be getting a better return and make your money work a little harder for you?
And don’t forget, Blossom is a great savings tool for your additional money. With targeted returns of 3.5% p.a., you can watch your savings Blossom!
It's easy to get started: